POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JCGrid (a tools for POVRay rendering on clusters) : Re: JCGrid (a tools for POVRay rendering on clusters) Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:15:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JCGrid (a tools for POVRay rendering on clusters)
From: David Bucciarelli
Date: 29 May 2004 11:35:59
Message: <40b8addf$1@news.povray.org>
David Bucciarelli wrote:
> I have written a tool for POVRay rendering on clusters. The name of the
> tool is JCGrid. Thanks to JCGrid, you can use as many
> Workstations/PCs/Macs as you like for the rendering of a single POVRay
> image.
< [...]
> The homepage is at http://jcgrid.sourceforge.net/
> You can download sources and binaries from:
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=109146

Version 0.03 is now available.

Change log since 0.02: JCGridWorker can now run multiple workers (useful
on SMP); Investigated the "Failed to execute" problem under RedHat 9.0;
Grid statistics can be accessed by using the GUI; Grid statistics are
now available; Grid administration mechanism is now available; New class
design in the server package; The GUI client for POVRay now supports
partial image rendering; Written a GUI client for POVRay.

Since 0.01:  Written installation instruction for Windows; Will
Lloyd-Davies has written the scripts for using JCGrid with POVRay under
Windows; Docs are now included in binary releases.

David Bucciarelli
Pisa
Italy